If you're reading this, I assume you just purchased one of our Lightroom mobile presets or some other mobile presets you need to install. It is easy to do a mobile preset install for Lightroom mobile, here's how:
- This mobile preset is a DNG file that you can download directly to your phone.
- You should have your DNG file saved to your phone. The DNG file will serve as a “preset carrier,” and now you need to add it to Lightroom mobile and save presets out of it. If you go into your photostream and see it as a blank picture file, that’s fine.
- Open the Lightroom app and create a new album. Name it whatever
- Then open the new album, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and then tap on Add Photos and select from Camera Roll
- Next, select the DNG preset from your camera roll and import it into the newly created album in Lightroom
- Go into the album containing your newly imported DNG file. Open the first file
- Now tap on the three dots icon at the top right of the screen and then tap on Create Preset
- Next, you will see the New Preset screen, which contains all the options you can use to customize your preset. You can give your preset a name (highly recommended) and add it to a Preset Group in Lightroom. You can save it in User Presets, or you can create a new preset group and name it however you like. The checkboxes below determine which picture settings you’d like to save with this preset. Only the settings you choose here will be applied to the pictures you edit with this preset in the future.
- I check all boxes except for Tools, Optics, and Geometry. That’s because those parameters vary from picture to picture, and I will probably never need to crop or tilt a photo the same way as the present.
- When you’re done with the settings, save your preset by tapping on the checkmark icon at the top right corner.
- NOW to use your new preset, go back into your library and open any photo you’d like to edit.
- Find the Presets icon in the menu at the bottom of the screen and tap on it. Make sure the Preset Group that’s selected is the one where you saved your new presets. If you saved them in the User Presets group, select that.
- Now you can edit the photo by tapping on a preset from the list and then tapping on the checkmark. You can continue to edit the picture and make adjustments if you like after you’ve applied the preset.
I hope this was helpful to you. If you are editing using a TLP Preset, remember to use the hashtag for #TLPPRESETS for a chance to be featured on our official Instagram page!