These past couple of weeks I have been behind the scenes working on helpful tips and topics to make our Pinterest journey smoother and to ensure you are getting the best out of this community. Some fun updates are coming your way, but for now, let's talk about Idea Pins!
PINTEREST IDEA PINS:
Idea Pins are now officially available to everyone on Pinterest, you no longer have to send an invite request to have access which is amazing! So here is what you need to know:
- According to Pinterest, Idea Pins are a "multi-frame canvas for your content" but think of them as multi-frame content that can be engaged with
- The dimensions are 9:16 ratio or 1080 px X 1920 px - this is equivalent to your TikTok or Instagram story or reels dimensions
- You can create Idea pins with both images and videos. I recommend making your first frame a video to stop the scroll and capture your viewer's attention
- Pinterest Idea Pins are unique in that they are discoverable; this means your knowledge and use of keywords and search terms still apply. Make sure to include them
- Idea Pins do not expire which is one of the biggest pros of this pin type compared to other platforms. Since some pins are seasonal, having permanent story pins means that those pins might pick up sometime in the future and continuously bring you traffic
- Idea Pins have advanced tracking and insights, giving you details on saves, views, clicks, follows, reactions, comments and more! You get a lot of data to guide you in your content planning.
I created an in-depth video on Idea Pins and how to use them along with strategy recommendations.
Comment below with any questions you have or tips and recommendations you've found along the way.